In the depth of our seat and breath we reach an immovable space…
Mindfulness mediation is a practice of paying attention purposefully, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally to become aware of our moment to moment experiences. It is a practice in which all thoughts and feelings are observed and acknowledged as they arise to gain insight and awareness to work through our pain and suffering.
It is a form of meditation that focuses awareness on breathing and encourages one to sit with what is present. Practitioners of mindfulness meditation aim to cultivate self-awareness, and a nonjudgmental, loving, kind, and compassionate feeling toward themselves and others.
Benefits of Mindfulness Meditation
Overall benefits of meditation include:
- Stress reduction
- Mental clarity
- Emotional stability
- Insight and understanding into one’s thoughts, feelings, and actions
- Ability to hold and accept difficult thoughts and feelings as they arise
I. Individual Sessions
A mindfulness meditation session focuses on sitting with what is while holding particular mindfulness concepts. Nine consecutive sessions are recommended as follows:
1. The first session is assessment and exploration of mindfulness through discussion and practice.
2. Sessions 2-8 focus on the mindfulness meditation training.
3. The ninth session focuses on processing the entire experience and creating ways to sustain the practice.
After the mindfulness meditation training sessions are completed, group sessions are recommended for practice refinement and maintenance.
II. Group Sessions
Mindfulness meditation groups are a great way to support a personal meditation practice and build community with other like-minded individuals. Groups run once a month for sixty minutes and are formed either on an as needed basis or as requested.